Welcome to the Department of Human Resources!
2014 Veterans Day Event
Georgetown University partnered with RecruitMilitary on Veterans Day to present an Opportunity Expo at Georgetown's School of Continuing Studies with career and educational opportunities for Veterans. A wide array of organizations such as Deloitte, Raytheon, American University and the Metropolitan Police Department were present, and our Department of Human Resources was represented at this wonderful event by Charmagne Wesby, Senior Recruiter, and John Williamson, Staffing Specialist, at Hoya Staffing.
As stewards of our valued workforce, and informed by Georgetown University's Jesuit ideals, the Department of Human Resources serves the entire university community. Through the Department of Human Resources the university's staff, faculty, and their families are provided a comprehensive range of services to improve their work and family lives. To these ambitious ends, we strive to:
- Hire and retain a talented, skilled, and diverse workforce to enable Georgetown University to remain a competitive employer in the marketplace,
- Be a trusted partner to our department clients by engaging with them, developing a deep understanding of their business needs, and helping advance their business,
- Be a trusted partner to individual employees by evincing a deep respect and understanding for the whole person and a commitment to resolve their concerns, advance their aspirations and nurture their development,
- Achieve a standard of excellence in the efficient, effective, and responsive delivery of services that add value and support to the operations of the university,
- Demonstrate a belief in and respect for the fundamental dignity of each member of the university community,
- Create and maintain a supportive work environment that enables Georgetown University's workforce to achieve its fullest potential, and
- Ensure that employees acquire, develop, and maintain the necessary skills to perform their jobs effectively, and to function as good community citizens who demonstrate an enthusiasm for the goals of the University.