NEW: Managing Employees at Georgetown 101
This 120 minute course is designed to support new and growing managers in understanding the key responsibilities, policies, and procedures for managing employees within the Georgetown context.
Useful websites, resources, and tools for managing employees and developing professionally as a leader.
Essential university policies, procedures, and values to guide and inform decision making.
- Spirit of Georgetown Values
- HR Policy Manual
- University Policies
- Compliance and Ethics
- Institutional Diversity, Equity & Affirmative Action Policies
- Financial Affairs Policies and Procedures
Resources and guidelines to support Georgetown managers through the employment life cycle of hiring, recruiting, selecting, and offering.
- Understanding Employee vs. Contractor Designation
- Classification and Compensation Forms
- Staff & AAP Salary Grades
- Guidelines for Setting a Hiring Salary
Recruitment and Selection
- Advertising Resources
- Interview Questions and Inquiry Guide
- Reference checking and forms
- Job Posting Template
- HR and Payroll Forms (Including Recruitment Forms)
- FY24 New Hire Calendar
- GMS Business Process Documentation List
- Faculty Toolkit for Hiring Diverse Candidates
- Inviting and Hiring International Students and Scholars
- Hiring employees to work in foreign countries
- Hiring Georgetown Students Through the Office of Student Employment
- Hiring Non-Georgetown Students Who Are Minors
- District of Columbia Requirements When Employing Minors
Toolkits and best practices for effectively onboarding new talent to your department and the greater Georgetown community.
- Onboarding in a Hybrid Work Environment (Quick Guide)
- Manager Checklist for Onboarding New Employees
- New Employee Checklist
- New Employee Orientation
- Welcome Email Template
- First-week Schedule Template
Employment Eligibility Verification (Form I-9)
Tools and resources to support managers in the day-to-day logistics of managing and supporting employees.
- Time Tracking
- Submitting, Approving and Correcting Timesheets
- Holiday Timesheet Procedures
- Guidelines for Time Recording for Inclement Weather and Other Emergencies
Managing Performance and Accountability
- Probationary Employment Period
- Performance Engagement at Georgetown
- Annual Review Process
- Managing Meetings Template (Google Docs)
Training and continuous learning opportunities for managers looking to grow professionally as Georgetown leaders as well as develop their employees.