Essential university policies, procedures, and values to guide and inform decision making.
Resources and guidelines to support Georgetown managers through the employment life cycle of hiring, recruiting, selecting, and offering.
- How to create and post a position – New, Revised or Replacement
- Employee vs. Contractor?
- Classification and Compensation Forms
- Staff & AAP Salary Grades
- Guidelines for setting a hiring salary
Recruitment and Selection
- Advertising Resources
- IDEAA Interview Questions and Inquiry Guide
- Reference checking and forms (two professional references must be checked for
- internal and external finalist candidates)
- Job Posting Template – External Career Site
- FY20 New Hire Calendar
- GMS Business Process Documentation List – (March 2019)
- IDEAA Faculty Hiring Procedures
- Hiring international employees to work in the US – Immigration information
- Hiring employees to work in foreign countries
- Offer letter templates
- Hiring Georgetown Students Through the Office of Student Employment
- Hiring Non-Georgetown Students Who Are Minors
- GUMC Procedures for Hiring Non-Georgetown Students Who Are Minors
- District of Columbia Requirements When Employing Minors
Information and resources including toolkits and best practices for effectively onboarding new talent to your department and the greater Georgetown community.
- Manager Checklist for New Hires
- New Employee Checklist
- Welcome Email Template
- First-week Schedule Template
Employment Eligibility Verification (Form I-9)
- I-9 process
- I-9 information – for departments and hiring managers
- I-9 calendar for Main Campus
- I-9 training materials – presentation
- Obtaining a Social Security Number for non-US citizens
Tools and resources to support managers in the day-to-day logistics of managing and supporting employees.
Manager Self Service in GMS
- Submitting, Approving and Correcting Timesheets
- Holiday Timesheet Procedures
- Guidelines for Time Recording for Inclement Weather and Other Emergencies