Employees are permitted to complete the I-9 form in one of three ways:
- Schedule an in-person appointment (new window) (new window)with an I-9 Analyst to complete the I-9 form. Scheduled appointments will be required for the duration of the University’s Telework Continuity operating status. We are located on the 6th floor of 2115 Wisconsin Avenue NW, Suite 601, Washington, DC 20007 (Open 8:30 am- 5:00 pm) (new window) and on Main Campus in Reiss Hall, Room 209: 1551 Tondorf Rd, Washington, DC 20007 (Open 9:00am- 4:30pm) (new window).
- Law Center employees may contact LawHR@georgetown.edu (new window) to schedule an appointment and report to the Department of Employment Services (McDonough Hall, Room 583) to complete the I-9.
- Complete the Remote I-9 form (new window) with an authorized representative. Complete the Remote I-9 form with an authorized representative. The Department of Human Resources I-9 website (new window) offers detailed instructions and access to all of the forms required to complete a remote I-9.
The I-9 form is a form that all employees working in the United States are required to fill out. If you are working remotely outside of the US, please contact our office to see if you are required to complete the I-9 form. Employees are required to complete the form within three days of their hire date.
Please contact the I-9 office at email@example.com with any questions or concerns regarding the I-9 Form.
I-9 OFFICE HOURS AND LOCATION
The Department of Human Resources Processes I-9 Forms
MONDAY THROUGH FRIDAY
9:00 A.M. TO 4:30 P.M.
Georgetown Main Campus
Reiss Hall, Room 209
Department of Human Resources
2115 Wisconsin Ave., 6th Floor, Suite 601
Washington, D.C. 20007
For questions, email Ifirstname.lastname@example.org or call 202-687-2500
The I-9 process
All new hires and rehires on the Main Campus (Faculty, Staff and Students) need to complete their Form I-9 on or before their first day of employment with the I-9 Analyst. An employee may be asked to stop working until such time as the I-9 form is completed. A new hire can fill out the Form I-9 at any point after an offer is made and accepted.
- On the first day of work – newly hired employees should come to the Department of Human Resources to complete Section 2 of the I-9 Form and to present their original documents. If the employee does not have their original documents they will have THREE business days to present the documents to the I-9 analyst or they will not be allowed to work until they have completed the I-9 form. For additional information on acceptable documents, please see the General Information of Georgetown University I-9 Process.
- Once the I-9 has been completed – the form and the supporting documents will be saved digitally in GMS. The I-9 Analyst will also enter ID Information, such as social security number, passport, visa and employment authorization information into GMS. The employee must be in GMS at the time the I-9 is processed.
Transportation and Parking for 2115 Wisconsin Avenue
Take the Wisconsin Shuttle that is located on campus in front of Darnall Hall and Epicurean. Exit the bus at the second stop at 2115 Wisconsin Avenue, take the elevator to the 6th floor, and check in at the reception desk. The shuttle runs Monday through Friday. Please click here for the GUTS Wisconsin Avenue Shuttle schedule.
If you are driving, there is a parking garage in the building. The entrance to the paid parking garage is located at the very end of Whitehaven Street (you may enter 3300 Whitehaven St, NW into your GPS, however, drive past the entrance to 3300 to the end of the street). Please park on G2 or G3. The elevators to our building are located in the middle of the parking areas. There is also nearby street parking, both metered and unmetered.
Any employee who is hired by Georgetown University must file an I-9 form, even if they are working outside of the DC area. If an employee is unable to complete the I-9 in person they will need to file the form remotely. The hiring department will need to send the employee the Remote Hire Notice Form. It is the hiring department’s responsibility to complete the Employee Information and Georgetown University Hiring Department Information section of the Remote Hire Notice Form. The employee will then need to take a copy of the I-9 and their original documents to a notary, Human Resources professional or lawyer to complete the I-9 form.
If an employee is unable to locate a notary, Human Resources professional or lawyer to complete the I-9 form the I-9 office can locate a HR representative at a nearby college or university. If an employee would like to utilize this option they would need to contact our office at Iemail@example.com. In the past we have partnered with schools such as Hood College, the University of Maryland, and George Mason University.
The completed I-9 form, Remote Hire Notice Form and copies of the original documents presented will then be mailed back to the Department of Human Resources. Even when completed remotely the I-9 form must still be completed within the 3 business day deadline to be compliance with federal law.