Georgetown University is taking proactive steps to ensure the health and safety of our community. As part of these efforts, the I-9 Office will be moving to a teleworking environment starting March 16, 2020. The Department of Human Resources I-9 website offers detailed instructions and access to all of the forms required to complete a remote I-9.
Employees are permitted to complete the I-9 form the three following ways:
- Schedule an in-person appointment with an I-9 Analyst to complete the I-9 form. Scheduled appointments will be required for the duration of the University’s Telework Continuity operating status. We are located on the 6th floor of 2115 Wisconsin Avenue NW, Suite 601, Washington, DC 20007 (Open 8:30 am- 5:00 pm) and on Main Campus in Reiss Hall, Room 209: 1551 Tondorf Rd, Washington, DC 20007 (Open 9:00am- 4:30pm).
- Complete the Remote I-9 form with an authorized representative. Complete the Remote I-9 form with an authorized representative. The Department of Human Resources I-9 website offers detailed instructions and access to all of the forms required to complete a remote I-9.
- In certain circumstances, new employees who are ill due to COVID-19 or are unable to leave their residence due to a federal, state, or local quarantine or isolation order related to COVID-19 may be permitted to complete their I-9 via zoom. Please email Iemail@example.com for further information about this option and to set up an appointment with an I-9 Analyst.
The I-9 form is a form that all employees working in the United States are required to fill out. If you are working remotely outside of the US, please contact our office to see if you are required to complete the I-9 form. Employees are required to complete the form within three days of their hire date.
Please contact the I-9 office at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions or concerns regarding the I-9 Form.
I-9 OFFICE HOURS AND LOCATION
The Department of Human Resources Processes I-9 Forms
MONDAY THROUGH FRIDAY
9:00 A.M. TO 4:30 P.M.
Georgetown Main Campus
Reiss Hall, Room 209
Department of Human Resources
2115 Wisconsin Ave., 6th Floor, Suite 601
Washington, D.C. 20007
For questions, email Iemail@example.com or call 202-687-0746
Employees at the School of Continuing Studies can contact Sophia Lattibeaudiere at firstname.lastname@example.org
The I-9 process
All new hires and rehires on the Main Campus (Faculty, Staff and Students) need to complete their Form I-9 on or before their first day of employment with the I-9 Analyst. An employee may be asked to stop working until such time as the I-9 form is completed. A new hire can fill out the Form I-9 at any point after an offer is made and accepted.
- On the first day of work – newly hired employees should come to the Department of Human Resources to complete Section 2 of the I-9 Form and to present their original documents. If the employee does not have their original documents they will have THREE business days to present the documents to the I-9 analyst or they will not be allowed to work until they have completed the I-9 form. For additional information on acceptable documents, please see the General Information of Georgetown University I-9 Process.
- Once the I-9 has been completed – the form and the supporting documents will be saved digitally in GMS. The I-9 Analyst will also enter ID Information, such as social security number, passport, visa and employment authorization information into GMS. The employee must be in GMS at the time the I-9 is processed.
Transportation and Parking for 2115 Wisconsin Avenue
Take the Wisconsin Shuttle that is located on campus in front of Darnall Hall and Epicurean. Exit the bus at the second stop at 2115 Wisconsin Avenue, take the elevator to the 6th floor, and check in at the reception desk. The shuttle runs Monday through Friday. Please click here for the GUTS Wisconsin Avenue Shuttle schedule.
If you are driving, there is a parking garage in the building. The entrance to the paid parking garage is located at the very end of Whitehaven Street (you may enter 3300 Whitehaven St, NW into your GPS, however, drive past the entrance to 3300 to the end of the street). Please park on G2 or G3. The elevators to our building are located in the middle of the parking areas. There is also nearby street parking, both metered and unmetered.