Important Updates to GMS Time-Tracking System
Effective February 1, 2016, the Georgetown Management System (GMS) time-tracking system functionality has been updated.
Employees are now REQUIRED to enter their start and end hours (when you came into work and when you left) directly into GMS. In addition to the desktop version of GMS, this functionality is supported on both Apple iOS and Android OS mobile operating systems.
How does this impact Hourly Administrative Employees?
- University policy no requires a paper timesheet for Hourly Administrative Employees.
- Hourly Administrative Employees are now required to enter and submit Time In/Out in GMS in order to be paid.
- Timesheets indicating start and end times (in/out) for hours worked will be entered and submitted directly into GMS by the Employee and routed to the Timekeeper/Manager for approval.
- Time can be entered into GMS using an iOS/Android device or PC.
- This change DOES NOT impact any Union Hourly Employees, because they will continue to use time clocks.
- This change DOES NOT impact Non-Union Police Sergeants, because they will continue to use time clocks.
- This change DOES NOT impact Qatar Hourly Employees
How does this impact Timekeepers/Managers?
- Departments should no longer collect paper Timesheets because the Hourly Employee or Timekeeper should enter the start and end times directly in GMS. Timekeepers/Managers are responsible for time approval in GMS.
Retroactive Time Entry
- To correct time entered prior to February 1st, please update the existing hours as you would have done in the past.
- To enter time for a pay period prior to February 1st, please use the time Entry Code: “Prior to Feb 1: Regular Hours Worked”
How does this benefit the University?
- Demonstrates compliance with the DC Wage Theft Prevention Act
- Improves tracking, reporting, and audit capabilities
What training materials are available?
- If you are an Houly Administrative Employee and wish to learn more about Time Tracking, please review the training materials on the Employee Self-Service Page.
- If you are a Manager and/or Timekeeper for Hourly Administrative Employees and wish to learn more about Time Tracking, please review the training materials on either the Manager Self-Service Page or HCM Training page.
- In addition, training is available immediately for Managers and Timekeepers.
- For dates and registration information, please navigate to the University Training and Development Page.
For questions regarding Time Tracking related to Hourly Administrative Employees or for general assistance in GMS, please contact the Service Center by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling (202) 687-4949. For questions regarding HR Policies related to Time Tracking, please contact the Department of Human Resources by emailing email@example.com or by calling (202) 687-2500.