Finding a Lawyer
How do I find an attorney?
If you are seeking an attorney, the American Bar Association Journal provides a list of questions you may wish to consider:
- Does the attorney seem genuinely concerned about your problems?
- Does the attorney discuss all the potential risks, problems, and alternatives involved in your case?
- Is your legal problem complex enough to require an attorney?
- Can you afford this attorney?
- Is the attorney experienced in the legal area concerning your case?
- Does he or she demonstrate good judgement and experience?
- Do you trust him or her to maintain confidentiality?
- Consider a different law firm if you feel your current attorney or firm does not have sufficient expertise in your specific legal issue(s).
- Ask the attorney for references and then check with those former clients to make sure he or she has a good reputation.