- New Employee Orientation*.
You will receive an email scheduling you for this mandatory orientation. This orientation will introduce you to the University community, the campus and traditions. If you do not receive an invitation, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Attend Benefits Orientation*.
Newly hired benefits-eligible faculty, staff, and academic administrative professionals ("AAPs") are strongly encouraged to attend a Benefits Orientation session. These 90-minute sessions are held every Tuesday at 9:00 a.m. in Darnall Hall, 2nd Floor, Suite M-31 (HR/Benefits/Payroll Service Center). Please register in advance and plan to arrive around 8:45 a.m. to ensure a seat.
Benefits orientations are also held each month on the Law Center Campus. Contact the HR/Benefits/Payroll Service Center at 202-687-2500 to learn more.
- University Information Security Office (UISO).
Hosts a monthly open seminar to new employees. The seminar is one hour on the second Wednesday of every month in the Leavey Center Program Room at noon. More details found can be found here.
- University Information Services (UIS) New Employee Orientation.
UIS hosts a monthly orientation where new employees will learn about the various services offered by University Information Services. Learn where to go to activate services associated with email, the University Acceptable Use Policy, and file sharing. More details about orientation and other UIS training offerings can be found here.
* For staff/AAP only. Also not applicable for graduate student stipend recipients.
Other Helpful Information
Facilities: For requests or non-urgent repairs to your office, submit a service request form found at
- Main Campus and Medical Center: https://georgetown.oncfi.com/archibus/login.axvw
- Law Center: http://www.law.georgetown.edu/campus-services/facilities/index.cfm
Telephone: Your office contact will arrange your phone set-up with our Telecom Office. Some telephone tips:
- If you’re on Main Campus or Medical Center
- On Campus Calls: Dial 7 + the last four digits of the number
- Off- Campus Calls (including the Law Center): Dial 9 + the number
- If you’re at the Law Center
- Law Center Campus Calls: Dial the last four digits of the number from any campus phone.
- Main Campus Calls: Dial 8 + 687 + the four-digit extension.
- Local Calls: Dial 8 + the number
University Directory: Go to contact.georgetown.edu to confirm your information is correct. The information listed should include your name, title, NetID, office phone number, email address and office location. For step-by-step instructions on how to modify your personal information go to the Employees Section of the GMS website or ask your office contact for instructions on how to make the changes in GMS.
Note – only Department Administrators or HR Contacts can make changes to position or Work Contact information.
University Information Services (UIS)
View the various services UIS has to offer, along with how to connect to wifi, how to get in touch with the 24/7 Service Center, printing options and much more.
- Human Resources Policy Manual for Staff & AAP
- Faculty Handbook
- GMS Website (HR, Benefits & Payroll System)
- HR & Payroll Forms
- Payroll Calendar
- University Holiday Calendar
- University HR Training & Development Site
- University Information Services (UIS) New to Georgetown Page
- UIS Interactive Technology Guide
- Help Desk Support