The Department of Human Resources offers support and guidance to managers at Georgetown University. The information linked on this page is intended to consolidate important resources into business process categories, from hiring through the end of employment.
The Department of Human Resources also serves as a point-of-contact for managers on human resources-related matters. Managers may contact their Client Services Partner for assistance with organizational development, policy interpretation and other human resources inquiries. Managers may also contact the Department of Human Resources through our Help Center at any time. Managers may also work with their department's Human Resources Contacts to complete the processes listed below.
- How to create and post a position - New, Revised or Replacement
- Employee vs. contractor?
- Advertising Resources
- Reference checking and forms (two professional references must be checked for internal and external finalist candidates)
- IDEAA Faculty Hiring Procedures
- Hiring international employees to work in the US - Immigration information
- Hiring employees to work in foreign countries